SAIC Cloud Automation Engineer in Albany, New York
SAIC has an opening for a Cloud Automation Engineer to join our talented, dynamic team.
This is a 100% Remote role.
The key responsibilities for this include:
· Create data flow diagrams, cloud diagrams, transition diagrams, and high-level architecture diagrams on Cloud Infrastructure, applications, and systems.
· A cloud automation engineer designs, develops, deploys, and operates automation technologies that provide continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).
· Support setup, configuration, and provisioning of VAEC environments.
· Create and implement a cloud User Experience (UX) Metrics Report to check and identify metrics and to track and monitor the user experience.
· Develop and deliver an As-Is Architecture Design and Technological Roadmap and a To-Be Capability Design and Technological Roadmap in conjunction with the enterprise architecture team.
· Provide FSC cloud support services for systems and applications in the VAEC environments (i.e. Microsoft Azure Government (MAG) and Amazon Web Services (GovCloud)), best practices and ensure compliance with VIP development, release, and documentation requirements.
· The automation engineer shall provide support to consolidate, build, test, and release software in a cloud service provider (CSP) environment.
· Manage and monitoring the automation of software deployments, support automation testing and implementation.
· Support virtual machine, application, and code deployments.
· Write scripts and use tools to automate CI/CD efforts.
· Research, document, and solve automation problems.
· Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge
· Develop business case and requirements for cloud intake solutions
· Assess cloud-readiness, analyze alternative approaches and present findings, and advise VA of cloud suitability
· DevOps mindset with an understanding of CI/CD practices and tooling Provide Cloud Security Provider Documentation.
· Design VAEC/cloud hosted solutions and address cloud-readiness gaps.
· Provide information and documentation to support operational and production readiness reviews and go-no-go decisions
· Experience with DEVOPS and Agile
· Ability to create test automation and test infrastructure scripts
· Ability to develop automated middleware test scripts to validate APIs
· Experience with Python
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Attention to detail and excellent customer service.
· A good understanding of software design lifecycle process.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
· Capable to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Experience providing services to the federal government and/or the Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs is preferred
· Bachelors' degree or higher in Computer Science, or other related discipline
· 2 years' experience in systems/security engineering
· 2 years' additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
Experience with the following tools is a plus:
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us (https://www.saic.com/contact/contact_us) and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.